Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day....

...to Emily's grandmother (mother of 8, grandmother of 23, and great-grandmother to 37)
...to Scott's grandmother , Mother of 3, grandmother of 4, and greatgrandmother on one, (who lives in Florida and shares in Cara's life via the blog), we are looking forward to seeing her in July

...Grandma A, a Mother of 2 and Grandmother of 1

Celebrating Mother's day as a first time grandmother is very special to Grandma A. She was able to visit this week and spend some time with Cara. Some people are born to be grandmothers and she is one of them. Her love and devotion to Cara is unconditional, whether it is for babysitting, shopping for new Cara clothes, feeding, or cuddling, she is always available. Her family has always been her top priority, which is why she raised two wonderful loving children

...Grandma F, a Mother of 3, grandmother of 5, my Mom..
She is very lucky to have all of her children close by, so she can be a part of all the grandchildren's lives. Whether it is attending Dillon's baseball game, Vincent's graduation from preschool, babysitting for Charlotte, Oscar or Cara she is always ready and willing!

I have always had a very special relationship with my mom. I never imagined growing up that my mom would become my best friend, I didn't realize the ties between mother and daughter could extend to geniune friendship. I only hope for the same relationship with my daughter.



Being a Mom is a really hard job, I didn't realize how true a statement this was until I became a mother. The constant worry, dedication, unconditional love, and responsibility that a Mother goes through makes her deserving of one day devoted to her. In all those years that we struggled with infertility and our desire to be parents I knew one thing; God would not have given me such a desire to be a mother if I wasn't supposed to be one. Even as a little girl I knew I would be a Mother someday and just having my daughter in my life is enough of a gift to make this a wonderful Mother's day.
To all the Mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day. I hope you feel as blessed and loved on this Mother's Day as you deserve!!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy first Mother's Day to you!

Cynthia Rae said...

What a wonderful tribute! You brought tears to my eyes!

Happy first Mother's Day Em. Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Cyn

G and G A said...

Thanks for the nice post. My pleasure being one of Cara's grandmas. Wishing you the best on your first Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy MOther's day :) I hope this day was wonderful for you and Miss Cara. That was a great entry! See you soon!
Linds