Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Getting Bigger, Smarter, and On the Go

Aren't I sweet?


Cara LOVES to be eating whatever we are, so today she opted for my angel hair pasta in marinara (leftover from dinner the night before) over her baby food for lunch. She loved it and couldn't eat it fast enough. She ended up with more on her bib than in her mouth but she enjoyed the opportunity to feed herself

Busy playtime, Mommy caught me in a rare moment of sitting still

Good look at all her teeth, 7 of the first 8 are through now in various stages of growth. The 8th one will be making any appearance any day now, we can see it through the gums.


Cara is busy moving all the time, whether it is crawling, army crawling, scooting, rolling, or being carried she always wants to be in motion. She is a pro at dusting our hardwood kitchen floor by rolling all over. She has recently learned how to wave and does with some consistency. The other day I was holding her on the couch in the family room and Scott was in the kitchen and she said "hi Daddy" and waved at him. It was so cute. She babbles a lot, coos, and has a laugh that is contagious. She desperately wants to be best friends with Panther and will spend tons of time chasing after him. He is a bit faster and scared to death of her, but she enjoys the chase. She is growing up so fast, each new milestone is exciting but I wish I could put time in slow motion. We are trying to savor every second because we know it doesn't last long enough!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how fast she is growing. Savor, savor, savor!!!
Kitty

Anonymous said...

Cara is such a lucky baby to be so adored. She sure is a sweetheart.
Nonnaita

Cynthia Rae said...

Are you telling me that Cara is talking now???? What was her first word?

Do tell Miss Cara to be on the look out for the mailman. He will bring her something from Italy very soon. Hope she enjoys it.

Aunt Cyndi

G and G A said...

Everytime I see her picture it puts a big smile on my face. I can also hear her laugh as I know it so well. Her summer outfit looks so cute on her. Hope to see you soon as she is doing so much more since two weeks ago.

Scott, Emily, Cara and Will said...

Cyn-Cara got her package from the mailman today! She was so excited, I took pictures of her helping me open it! It is adorable! Can't wait to wash it so she can wear it!! We can't wait for your visit!!!