Thursday, March 22, 2007

Night Owl



I haven't been up with the baby at 1:30 in the morning since she was about 4 weeks old. So why are we up tonight? Right now as I type this I have Cara sitting in her exersaucer playing. Cara went to sleep at 9:30 tonight, but for some reason she decided to wake up at 11 acting like it was morning and she was ready to play. We put her in bed between us for quite a while, that usually works and when she falls asleep we put her back in her crib. Not tonight! I tried EVERYTHING to get her to go back to sleep, in fact I tried to let her cry it out in her crib, which I never do, but even that didn't work. So after 2 hours of restlessness we are downstairs hanging out. We needed to leave the bedroom so Daddy could maybe get a little sleep before working in the morning. Hopefully letting her play for a bit, she will expend some energy and get tired! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara sure looks like she thinks it is the middle of the afternoon. I am happy to say that I wasn't there winding her up and keeping her wanting to play. If Cara wants to play next week while she is here at 1:30am I will be more than happy to join her.

Cynthia Rae said...

Posted at 2:34am? Ouch! And from the looks of the picture I would say she didn't go to sleep for a while!

Cyn