Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Going Home



In Italy is is tradition to place a bow on your door to announce the arrival of your baby. In our care package received prior to Cara's birth we received a beautiful pink bow to place on the door. While we were in the hospital the bow was placed on the door, it was neat to see it there when we pulled up to the house last Wednesday. We wanted to share the picture of what it looked like, especially with a very special Aunt and Uncle in Italy who thought to send it!!

We also took a picture of Cara in her car seat as we were preparing to leave the hospital. The nurse asked if I would like a wheelchair and I refused because I was feeling great. Not only was I feeling fine physically but emotionally I couldn't have been happier to be leaving the hospital with OUR baby. She offered to carry Cara for me and I said I waited a long time to carry a baby out of the hosital. She said "oh yeah, that 9 month wait" to which my husband replied 8 years and 9 months!

No comments: