Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What A Difference A Year Makes

Scott and I were out to eat tonight talking about what we were doing a year ago today. One year ago we were in Italy preparing to celebrate his sister's wedding. Cyndi and I were in a mad rush to create the programs to be used for the wedding. We also took the bus to Lugo all by ourselves to go to market to buy flowers to decorate the car. We had arrived in Italy one week prior, spent a fabulous weekend in Venice. What an amazing city! Cyndi and Dan's wedding would be in a few days, so the mad dash was on to finish the wedding preparations. The wedding was just beautiful. I wasn't sure we would even understand the ceremony given that it was said in Italian, but love is a universal language. The reception was so much fun, with great food. One of the main things I miss about Italy was the food. I know when Cyndi visits America there are certain restaurants that she must hit while visiting, but the food here doesn't even compare to real Italian food. The vegetables are fresher, the fruit is juicier, more flavorful. We visited Florence, Pisa, Rome, and San Marino on our visit to Italy. It was an amazing vacation. I would almost say a "once in a lifetime", but I know we will be back. We will want to let our daughter experience it all first hand. I know her Aunt and Uncle would love showing her around!

What an amazing year it has been, and can't wait to see what is in store for us for the next one!

2 comments:

Cynthia Rae said...

I can not believe it has been a year already! Hope you all come back soon, we can't wait to show little peanut around!

I was just thinking of you yesterday when I sat at the same cafè that you and ate at in Lugo. Sigh, where does the time go?

Cyn

Anonymous said...

You said it all about the good food. Don't forget the wonderful hot chocolate in Bologna. If you haven't had any yet you will have to be sure to try it next time over. It is the best