Monday, June 12, 2006

We are so incredibly lucky

This past weekend we went to Scott's hometown where he grew up, and where we lived for a few years of our married life. My dear friend Amy and mother-in-law threw us a baby shower. They even had a father-to-be bash for all the guys. I can't even put into words the generosity and outpouring of love shown to us. There were several of my friends that I had not seen in a long time that came for the shower. It was great to see them! We received so many nice gifts. I can't wait until she is here so she can wear her new clothes, ride in her car seat, and play with the toys. We are so blessed to have so many people in our cheering section for this pregnancy. They all know how long we have desired to have a child and what a true blessing this is. If any of you are reading that that were there, thank you so much. For those that live too far away to have been there, we know you were there in spirit and we look forward to seeing you when the baby is here. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your thoughts, prayers and generosity!

1 comment:

Cynthia Rae said...

Sounds like your party was a ton of fun! I thought I was being funny with your gift, but glad to hear that you really wanted it. Think of me everytime you change a diaper, you'll be thinking of me a lot. Now, I WANT SOME PICTURES!

Cyn