Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

I was much surprised to find it was 9:30am when I woke up on Christmas morning! I noticed Scott still asleep in our bed and no sign of Cara yet! Grandma and Grandpa were awake and just waiting for the festivities to begin. Scott finally woke up Cara at 10am after my failed attempt at 9:30!


Santa stopped by while we were sleeping! He must have enjoyed his milk and cookies!
Cara busy checking everything out! She wouldn't stop and pose for a picture, she was much to excited to start ripping into presents!
She got a fur real kitten from Mommy and Daddy that meows and rolls over, very cute! Next best thing to having a REAL one!
Here she opened her zhu zhu hamster and zhu zhu fun house for it to run in
She finally opened Santa's bag of goodies which included the doll she wanted that walks, a ballet outfit for Baby Cara, and a Barbie head that she can do her hair and makeup. Santa also brought her a train which she immediately said was the wrong one :(
Daddy opening presents
Cara still opening presents (she had lots since she had G & G A's too)
Giving out a Christmas hug to Grandma
Cara looking at one of Grandma's presents
Mommy opening presents

We shared a yummy Christmas brunch after all the presents were opened of homemade pecan rolls, an egg casserole and fresh fruit. I think our camera battery was being recharged during this time. Then we spent the afternoon playing with new toys, assembling, batterying, and cleaning up wrapping paper!

I spent part of my afternoon in the kitchen preparing a Christmas dinner feast of turkey, mashed potatoes,homemade gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, stuffing and rolls! Grandma and Grandpa F came over for dinner with Great Grandma Edwards!

Two views, trying to get everyone in the picture

Cara with her two great grandmas! She was lucky to have them both here to celebrate Christmas with us!

About 20 minutes after this picture was taken I decided to miss the last step going out into the garage and twisted my ankle pretty bad. I spent the rest of the evening on the couch (and no it was not my attempt to get out of helping with dishes). The next day I realized I also hurt my left shoulder and right knee in my fall on the hard cement floor, but could have been a lot worse, just put a damper on my Christmas day!

1 comment:

G and G A said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful Christmas with you guys. It was so much fun to be there watching Cara open all of her presents on Christmas morning. Everything was perfect until the ankle incident in the garage. I know for sure now that our garage is a dangerous place. You need warning signs in there, ha.
Love,
G&G A