Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer's End Festival 2009

Saturday was the Annual Summer's End Festival in Rossville. Daddy's one and only parade for his band!



Playing with the camera waiting for the parade to start

Cara caught of glimpse of the parade coming, she was excited!

The band, they only had 5 days of school to learn the music and practice marching this year


Daddy and Cara walking to the park for the rest of the festival. Notice her John Deere jacket, not normal in her wardrobe :) We knew it was going to be cooler that day, but not as cold as it felt and I didn't pack a jacket for her. I mentioned to the superintendent of Scott's school that I may run to Lafayette to buy her a jacket and he asked what size and returned with one. How nice! At least the green kinda matched our green watermelon shorts!




At the festival in the bouncer! This was after eating a corn dog, sharing an elephant ear, and a few bites of ice cream, can you say sugar high?



I drove home and when I pulled into the garage I turned around to find both of them fast asleep! Which after getting up at 6:30am I am not surprised!

3 comments:

Chris & Kitty Bishop said...

Poor Scott needs a pillow :)

G and G A said...

They sure look cute sleeping side by side. Sounds like you all had a busy and fun day in Rossville.
Love,
G&G A

Cynthia Rae said...

What a cute photo! I thought the sweatshirt looked great with her outfit.

Summer is now over....

but yeah to fall!

Love,
Aunt Cyndi