Friday, August 21, 2009

The start of ballet

On Wednesday night we registered Cara for ballet classes and then went to buy a couple of leotards for class! She wanted to try them on when we got home of course!

Pink leotard

Black leotard


Ready for her first ballet class on Thursday evening. I asked her to give me a ballerina pose and instead got the diva model one :)



So I showed her a more appropriate ballerina pose and got this one




Ready to go, wearing her little backpack which we are using for a dance bag





After class she came out with a sucker and a huge smile!
Next class is Monday night! The last class of the month starting in September is "viewing" night in which parents can watch rehearsal so I am hoping to have more pictures then!

4 comments:

G and G A said...

How cute she is. We can see by the smiles on her face the excitement that she was experiencing. This is when I wish we lived closer, for these fun special times. At least weekend trips are workable.
Hugs and kisses to the newest dancer in the family.
Love,
G&G A

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun having a ballerina in the family?? Enjoy!!!

Ellen said...

Do grandparents get to watch too?

Cynthia Rae said...

I'm soooooo proud! She looks so beautiful in her outfits! I wish I could watch her dance! Maybe when I am home in the spring!!!!

I also want to wish her a happy first day of school. Be sure to take lots of photos and let me know how it goes. Maybe we can skype this week so she can tell me all about it?

Big hugs from Italy,
Zia Cyndi