Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New York City day 1

Scott takes his band kids on a trip about every 3 years and my pregnancy changed the plans for going in the spring so the trip to New York City got moved to the fall. At the time I thought that it would still work to take the baby and Cara if my parents were willing to go to help with the kids. Then I got put on bedrest and our financial situation got a little rocky and I thought going was out of the question.  Until the end of September when I realized the trip was just a few weeks away and I was so sad not to be going and how much we would miss Daddy while he was gone for 4 days.  So....we found decent nonstop airline prices and a great hotel suite and decided to just go ahead and go!

After an extensive security slow down at the Indianapolis Airport (I somehow tested positive for explosives but believe me I had none, long story but I guess I appreciate the thoroughness of the TSA employees) we safely arrived in NYC and grabbed a cab to get to our hotel.
We found this hotel suite at a Best Western Plus right in Manhattan.  It had a separate bedroom for my parents, a full kitchen (that we barely used) plus an outside terrace.  It was the penthouse suite but the hotel only had 11 floors so we weren't that high up!
Nice bathroom!
The family room, the couch pulled out to a queen size bed that Cara and I shared

The outside terrace

Kitchen table and kitchen
After getting checked in we headed out to explore and go out to dinner at Serendipity!
They are famous for the frozen hot chocolate which we are eating in this picture!

This was my dinner!  Delicious strawberry and apricot jam covered french toast! Yummo!
After dinner we headed to American Girl!  Cara's newest doll Caroline was in desperate need of a hair fix!  The other day Cara took a brush to her long curls without wetting it which is big no-no with their hair so we needed it fixed!
Happy Will enjoying his time in the stroller in American Girl

Thank goodness Caroline's hair is fixed and now we know how to fix it ourselves!  We got insider tricks on making those curls pretty and frizz free!!

And that ended a long day of traveling!

No comments: