Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

After going out to eat several times the week before for my birthday dinners we decided to have a nice intimate dinner at home for valentine's day this year!
Little did we know when we planned this that Cara would be sick and we would have to stay home anyway. Scott had been up with Cara several times during the night while I was at work so we was exhausted when he got home from work, so I told him to go take a nap while I cooked and I would wake him for dinner. (for those that know me well know this is shocking..I usually leave the cooking to him if I can!)

Our beautiful table set for dinner!
We devoured salads, filet mignon, fresh green beans, and au gratin potatoes!
Cara's fever broke a bit before dinner so she had perked up enough to sit at the table with us. She got a new Zhu Zhu pet, Minnie mouse glass, puzzle and candy for valentine's day!
I got Scott a new wine aerator so we could really enjoy our bottle of red from Cooper's Hawk
I made chocolate covered strawberries
Scott got me the new Monopoly City game which we tried to play after dinner but it was a bit challenging to figure out since you build cities and not just buy homes and hotels
Dessert included a rich chocolate brownie with raspberry sauce (one of my fav's) and creme brulee (Scott's fave)!

Every day is Valentine's day for us but we did enjoy making it a special occasion!

No comments: