Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mommy's Birthday

My blogging is getting a bit behind again, hope to get caught up here soon!

Monday February 8th was a special day in our family, it was my birthday and also my grandmother's birthday. After I picked Cara up from preschool that day we headed over to my grandma's for a birthday visit before all of us going out to eat that night! We all went to the Melting Pot for dinner! It is a fondue restaurant. We enjoyed cheese fondue with veggies, apples and bread, then salads, and then the main course of various meats and veggies!

We were joined at the restaurant by some of our besties: Dendra, Larry and Zaina. We were also celebrating Zaina's birthday which was the week before!

L(front to back)-Grandma Edwards, my parents R-(back to front) Dendra, Zaina, Cara, me and Scott
Mommy and Cara enjoying this fabulous birthday dinner
Zaina and Dendra
Best buds Zaina and Cara
After a yummy meal it was time for the best part: Chocolate fondue! We had 3 pots so we had lots of varieties cheeses, broths and chocolate. Here is the "smores" chocolate being flambed with a bit of cinnamon to add the spark!

After we got home that night Cara and I were opening my cards and presents!

I love the special birthday card from her
They got me Wii Hasbro Family Game night #1 and a gift certificate to a spa for a facial, massage, and pedicure! Ahhh.....can't wait to use it!

Thanks for making my birthday extra special everyone! We are having a family birthday party at my parents house soon to celebrate the February birthdays in our family, so I am sure I will have some fun cousin pictures to post after that!

No comments: