Monday, August 18, 2008

Lucas Oil Stadium Tour

If you look closely you can see Grandma & Grandpa F and Cara and I in the parking lot


A view of how crowded it was on the inside, wall to wall people


An inside view of the seating and great design of the stadium

Cara checking out the turf

Cara and Mommy among the crowds of people down in the end zone

From end zone looking down to the other
A view of the Colts locker room

Another view of the Colts locker room
We were among the thousands of people that got the unique opportunity to tour the new stadium. Although a bit of false advertising gave us more hope than what we actually got to see. It was described as a self guided tour which included the suites, seating, the field and the locker room. What we very quickly found out was the the self guided tour meant shoving and inching your way through the overly crowded hallway to eventually get to the seats to be herded down the stairs across the sideline and end zone only (not the actual field) to walk past the door of the locker room and eventually get back outside. Cara started out in her stroller but we quickly decided that she would feel "trampled" down there, so Scott carried her while I carried the stroller. A little more than two hours later and we were back in the car talking about all the things they could have improved upon to make the tour more successful. We did greatly apreciate the opportunity to finally see the inside of the stadium (the new home of the Colts) we just feel that the execution of the tour could have made it a much more pleasant adventure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy took the kids. Heard it was awesome. Can't wait to see it Sunday night at the game!

Cynthia Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia Rae said...

Looks WONDERFUL! I am so jealous! I wish I could have joined you guys.

I can not believe it has been a year since my last visit to Indy. I have been feeling SO HOMESICK for you guys (and the city) ever since seeing Mom and Dad. Just two nights ago, a "new" show stared in Italy called "Close to Home". Danilo said "Did you know this show is set in Indy???" WHAT?????
I watched the show and made a sad face everytime they showed the Indy skyline. Sigh.

Looks like a fun day, even if the tour wasn't so great.

Love,
Jealous in Italy (Cyn)

ps. That last comment was from me, but I had to fix a few things. The longer I am here, the worse my English is getting! Hehehehehe!