Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008

I can't believe I get to celebrate my second Mother's Day! I thank God every day for the giving me the gift of motherhood to this precious miracle who brings such joy to my life. I still have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. I love hearing her call me Momma. I love that she wants me when she is hurt or sad. I love that she cuddles and gives kisses. I love her with all my heart, so much that is aches at times. Thank you Cara for being in my life! Your presence is more than any gift I could ever hope for!



My mom and I, 1976

I was about 2 1/2 when this picture was taken, so a little bit older than Cara is now, but I can definitely see the resemblance between the 3 of us. Happy Mother's day, Mom! Not only are you a wonderful Mother and Grandmother, you are my best friend. Thank you for everything you have ever done in my life!

To my mother-in-law, Steph:
You did a terrific job of raising two wonderful, caring, generous, and loving children. My husband is a better man because of it, even if he won't admit it :) You are also a wonderful Grandmother and I know when Cara is old enough to type this herself she will tell you. Thank you for all that you do for the 3 of us.

To our grandmothers:
Although we don't see you as often as we like, know that you are always in our thoughts. We wish you a very Happy Mother's Day from all of us!

To any other Mother reading this blog entry I hope you have a terrific Mother's Day!

6 comments:

G and G A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G and G A said...

Happy Second Mother's Day Emily! Cara is lucky to have such a wonderful mom as you.
Mom & Dad A

G and G A said...

ps The delete is my, I made a type in the original message.

Cynthia Rae said...

Ciao Em!
I know how long you waited for this gift and know that you will enjoy every Mother's day! What a sweet and beautiful daughter you have. I can hope to be so lucky one day.

Sending you my love from across the miles and wishing you a very happy MOther's day.

Buona festa della Mama!

Love,
Cyn

ps. Your post brought tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! I hope you had a great day to celebrate you and your love for your baby girl!
Kitty

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! I hope you had a great day to celebrate you and your love for your baby girl!
Kitty