Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busy Weekend

The jazz band on stage at the 1940's Musical Revue, Scott is playing trumpet standing in the back row
Cara sitting with Grandma and Grandpa A during the show

Cara thrilled to finally see Daddy (it had been since Sunday that they had seen each other)

Mommy and Cara on the bridge, Grandma F, Great Grandma E, and Grandpa F after the show

The 3 of us after the show


We had quite a busy weekend! On Friday was the first performance of the 1940's Musical revue. We enjoyed listening to tunes like In The Mood, Summertime, and Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. The jazz band was absolutely phenomenal. Scott worked about 16 hour days all week, so he put Cara to bed on Sunday, and that was the last time they spent together all week. So she was so excited to see Daddy on stage during the performance, she kept yelling "Dada" at him. When they would close the curtain between acts she would yell "bye bye Dada". Everyone in the audience was enjoying her shout outs! Grandma, Grandpa F, and Great Grandma E came with us and we met up with Grandma and Grandpa A for dinner before the show. Cara was in awe to have all her favorite people in one place together.
Saturday was a day off for the show, so Mommy and Daddy took advantage of having Grandma and Grandpa A in town, and spent the day working in the yard. Got all my flowers planted, the beds weeded and remulched, and the lawn mowed! It was a gorgeous day out. Cara got to go on a picnic with her grandparents down to the pond in the neighborhood.
On Mother's day, not only did I get to sleep in a bit, I got woke up to my favorite breakfast-pancakes! Yummy! Daddy and Cara surprised me with roses and a nice spa gift certificate for some pampering! Yeah! I also got a great surprise that day that I was canceled for work, so I got to spend the evening with my family. Scott had another performance of the musical that afternoon, so after that he took us out to eat at Ted's, one of my favorite restaurants! What a busy weekend! No wonder Cara and I were so lazy on Monday!!

No comments: