Friday, June 01, 2007

10 Months Old

10 month old photo with a boo-boo on my chin (fell on the corner of a basket, poor baby)
Look at me standing, I am getting really good at this

Mommy and Cara, after a great day of swimming and playing together


Done with the picture time and crawling away (not quite so sure about the feel of grass)
So many changes have happened in Cara's short 10 months of life. She is now crawling EVERYWHERE, pulling up to stand whenever she can, babbling away all the time, and wanting to eat whatever Mommy and Daddy are. She is adventurous (one can never really have a babyproof house until their baby shows them what they forgot to put up). She says dada, momma (rarely), cat, and ball. She has a fun personality and is truly one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.

We took these pictures on Friday evening after we got home from dinner and some shopping. It was just getting dark out so we used the flash on some and not on others.

Scott presenting awards to his graduating seniors




New dress

Wanted to share a funny story, although it was NOT funny at all at the time. This week we went to Scott's school for the Fine Arts Award night. I worked the night before, got up early to make a quadruple recipe of homemade mac-n-cheese (I am probably not allowed to attend a Rossville pitch-in without bringing this). Scott was home and a little after 4 mentioned that we needed to leave soon, WHAT?, I thought it didn't start until 7pm but it started at 6pm and I still hadn't showered and the baby was taking a nap. So after quick get ready time, off to school we went. Cara was fussy the whole way to school which is quite unusual behavior for her. Once we arrived at school, Scott got her out of her car seat to find that she had a massive explosion in her diaper, up her back, down her legs, etc. I am sure you get the picture. So after stripping her clothes, cleaning her off, and applying a new diaper I reveal to him that I have no other clothes for her. UGH! So off to the store Cara and I went (the closest store is about 15 minutes away). I was not thrilled at the prospect of carrying my apparent redneck-only wearing a diaper baby into the store to find something for her to wear. I was pretty dressed up (which for me these days means my hair is not in a ponytail, not wearing a baggy t-shirt and shorts, and I have makeup on). So hopefully people realize the tragedy of the situation and do not think I tote my baby around like this any given day. So with a new sundress on, we headed back to school, to find nothing left from the pitch-in (my crockpots had been wiped clean). Lesson learned to ALWAYS have a backup outfit because you just never know what my come up, or out :). At least Cara got a new outfit out of the situation, haha.

3 comments:

Cynthia Rae said...

What a funny story! Sorry no one left you some food for dinner. Hope you at least got to run out for food.

Cara, don't worry about a thing. Aunt Cyndi did the same thing when she was a baby. I was out to dinner with your Grandma and Grandma Little. Grandma had to the do the same thing to me. EVERYTHING went into the trash and I left with nothing but a diaper and blanket. It happens to the best of us!

Love the 10 months photos, but sorry to hear about the booboo on your chin.

Love,
Aunt Cyndi

ps. Uncle Danilo got kick out of seeing you laughing on Grandma's blog! You are such a riot!

Anonymous said...

I just know that Cyndi and Cara did it just for laughs! Ha Ha Ha!

G and G A said...

This story has a familiar ring to it as Aunt Cyndi did the same. I must add that it happened many years ago. I never after that day traveled without a change for her while she was a little one. Sorry you didn't get anything to eat.