Monday, October 16, 2006

11 Weeks





Never in my life has 11 weeks gone by so fast. In one sense it feels like yesterday that Cara was born, but in another I can't remember life without her so it seems like she has been a part of our lives for so long.

This past weekend we went to Grandma and Grandpa A's house in Ft Wayne. We celebrated Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday afternoon. Uncle Duane and his daughters Kristin and Erin, and Erin's fiance Nick joined us. No we aren't crazy, we know Thanksgiving is over a month away, but Cyndi has not been here to have Thanksgiving with us in 3 years so we enjoyed our turkey dinner a little early this year. After stuffing ourselves with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry salad, muffins, and pumpkin pie we retreated to the family room for football and relaxation. Scott and Cara immediately went into the post-turkey slumber as evidenced in the last picture.

This is my last week of maternity leave before I return to work. Cara will be in great hands while I am at work and when I am home sleeping. I plan to return to my regular shift of 7pm-7am three days a week. She will be home with Daddy at night and Grandpa F and Grandma A will be babysitting while I am home sleeping during the day. I am fortunate that my job is only 3 days a week and she will stay here at our home. I will be able to see her in the morning before I go to sleep and then I will be able to spend some time with her in the afternoon before I go to work. I know for our family that it is best that I return to work full-time, but I will miss my girl.

1 comment:

Cynthia Rae said...

Cant wait to get back down there. Missing sweet little Cara! Thanksgiving was great! So glad we were all able to get together!

See you soon.
Aunt Cyndi