Monday, July 21, 2014

Cara's Room Redo

Back in early Spring we decided we were going to switch the kids rooms around because sometimes Will would wake up when he heard Scott getting ready in the morning because his room is next to the master bathroom.  So we let Cara chose if she wanted to take the old guest room or stay in her room and she decided to move into the old guest room and then Will would move to her room and the guest room would be in the old nursery. 
Cara found a great bedding set that we all loved and knew she would not grow out of and in the bedding package it even gave samples for matching the paint to the bedding.  So we went with the lighter pink shade for 3 walls and a raspberry pink for the accent wall. 

My painter helper
We decided to let her keep the TV that was already mounted on the wall so we didn't have a big patch job to fix.
We moved her chandelier from her old bedroom and it still matched her new bedding.  Grandma and Grandpa Abbott got her all the bedding for her birthday.
And this great rug!
I found these great raspberry thermal curtains at Target which I loved and they matched perfect

My mom created this chalkboard wall for her and even spray painted the trim in glitter to make it look fancy. 

My parents helped me so much with the room renovations!  The week that I had a long stretch off from work just happened to be the same week Scott was taking a very intense graduate class at Puirdue in which he was gone at least 14 hours every day.  Thankfully my parents came and played with Will while I painted and organized and they also helped with so many projects.  We are all go grateful!

No comments: