Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Presenting Baby William Barrington Abbott

We arrived at St Vincent Women's Hospital a little after 2pm and got checked in. Our OR time was 4:00 pm for our c-section!
In pre-op getting ready
Getting ready to walk back to the OR
Baby Will arrived at 4:23pm, weighing 7 lbs 14 oz
and a long 21.75"
Daddy holding Will in the OR, our immediate thoughts were that he looks just like Cara as a baby
Mommy holding Will as we are being transferred to PACU

The family gets to meet Will
Our first family picture, pardon my sleepy drugged up face
Grandma and Grandpa Fox meeting Will
Proud Aunt Cyndi holding her new nephew

Big sister Cara holding her little brother for the first time!  LOVE!

The c-section was a very weird experience, to be awake while they are cutting you open and pulling out the baby and hearing what is going on.  The moment they pulled Will out he started crying and I had tears of joy streaming down my face.  Despite my growing belly, multiple ultrasounds proving their was a baby growing inside of me I still did not believe it could be real.  How could something I wanted, hoped for, prayed about  for so long finally be coming true?  My little miracle!  I know people say that all babies are miracles but I think our babies are MIRACLES to the nth degree.  We were told we wouldn't likely have biological children and now we had 2!  Thank you God for showing your love for us!   

We had a couple of names to choose from but Cara really wanted William and he looked like a William so that is what we chose.   We named him in the OR and Scott waited and let me announce his name once everyone came to meet him in the PACU.  On the walk back to the PACU Cara told Scott please don't let his name be Simon, I really want William :)  

Other than being really itchy I was feeling great.  I nursed Will as soon as we got into PACU.  We entered the OR room at 3:55pm and were in PACU by 4:55pm.  Our surgery took just a little extra because they removed the dermoid tumor and 95% of my Left ovary.  We saw the tumor and wished it good riddance.  I will be glad not to have that pain anymore. 

We had the same nurse from check-in until we were transferred to our room upstairs.  She was great! She explained everything to us that would happen since we were unfamiliar with a c-section.  Thank you Amber for helping bring William into this world!

(my thoughts are rambling but I am afraid I will forgot details if I don't get them written down soon)  :)

No comments: