Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tea Party

For days last week Cara was talking about the tea party she was hosting on Saturday. She even invited Grandma and Grandpa Fox over for her tea party on Saturday. I thought all week it was a pretend tea party but soon found out she wanted a real one! She called Grandma at 11:30 on Saturday and said we would be eating at 1pm. Wow...I had a lot to do in a hour and a half.

She helped me plan the menu. We had to use things we had at home, no time to get to the store. Although we did have time to match a quick batch of cupcakes!
She helped me set the table, and for those etiquette know-it-alls I was informed that I had the silverware backwards. Need to brush up on my Emily Post techniques so I can properly teach Cara!
So Cara happily hosted a real live tea party. Ashleigh was staying with Grandma and Grandpa Fox so she joined in the fun. Cara was so excited and thoroughly enjoyed every moment!

1 comment:

G and G A said...

The tea party looks lovely. I am so sorry that we could not attend. Being if Florida was a close call to the tea party. Only thing that would have been better is having you all down in Florida with us having a tea party on the beach.