Monday, May 03, 2010

New York City Day 1

Ever since we were in New York last summer with Scott's band trip we have wanted to go back and do a few things we couldn't take 50 teenagers to go do. So when we got an email about a new Broadway musical opening with discount tickets in the first 2 months, we decided a weekend away was in order.

We have never left Cara since she was born, maybe a night here or there, but only if we were in town and just busy. So we asked Scott's parents if they wanted a weekend sleepover guest since they have been dying for one for about 3 years :) So all week we talked up the anticipation of the big sleepover weekend! The only thing Cara would say about it was "but what if I miss you guys too much?" Aawww, how sweet is that?
Grandma and Grandpa Abbott came down and took Cara to ballet on Thursday and then took her home with them that night! So far so good!

And Scott and I boarded an EARLY flight headed to NYC Friday morning. Here is the view of the city as we were flying into LaGuardia!

We got a car and took it to our hotel in the Times Square area and our room wasn't ready yet so we decided to venture out for a bite to eat. We were only one block away from the hotel when I tripped on crooked cement (I was looking up at the buildings so had no idea it was coming), I twisted my left ankle, scraped skin and bloodied my right knee (through my jeans no less) and had a sore right wrist from unsuccessfully trying to catch my fall. What a way to start our predominantly walking vacation!

I couldn't let my injury ruin our vacation so after getting some food we headed out for some shopping! Number One on my list was to go to the American Girl store to pick up a surprise for Cara.
We actually got her a couple surprises :)

Later that evening we got all dressed up and headed to the Broadway theater for the musical Promises, Promises which is a revival of the musical from the 60's. This one was starring Kristin Chenoweth (of Wicked fame) and Sean Hayes (from Will & Grace).
The theater is in the background!
After the show, what a great date night!

No comments: