Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New York State of Mind on Day 5

Sunday morning started out by celebrating Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Avenue. What a beautiful church! It was a bit odd that in the opening for mass the priest announced what Sirius XM channel the mass could be heard on. I am so glad we had the opportunity to do this.

After church we headed over to the famous Carnegie Deli for lunch! What a crazy experience!






The tables are crammed so tight I am sure fire codes are violated with the number of patrons in at any one time! The meat on the sandwiches was at least 6 inches thick! We had to also try a piece of NY cheesecake which was fabulous and again a HUGE piece!

Walking back to the hotel to pack up and check out! I thought this was a cute picture of Grandma and Cara! The streets of NYC are not very stroller friendly at all! Our stroller took quite a beating for sure! However, we found it safer to have her in the stroller with the crowds of people, but on this Sunday afternoon the streets were not very crowded!



Cara being cute!




Later in the evening at the airport pulling her own suitcase! The night before we were leaving (to come to NYC) I was getting us all packed and she came up to me with her suitcase and told me she was packed too! Inside was her little handheld Vsmile with 3 games and Baby Cara! It was pretty cute so I had to let her take it! We tied Baby Cara in because the bag wouldn't zip all the way which was a good thing!
Despite the rain we had a great trip! It was so fun being in the heart of the city and seeing all the famous landmarks with my daughter and parents this time. A huge thank you to my parents for going with us to help with Cara and for letting us crash in your hotel room!

No comments: