Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What's In A Name?

I never realized how different of names choices we had until we actually had to choose a name for our daughter. There is a lot of pressure in choosing a name. We don't want it to be too trendy, too old fashioned, too weird, too hard to spell, and most of all she has to have this name for a long time so we want her to like her own name. Scott prefers names that were popular while we went to school like Jennifer, Stacy, Tracy, etc. I prefer cuter names like Annabelle, Ava, Tess, Isabelle. We have not reached any name halfway through the spectrum that both of us agree on. I am hoping that when she is born we will see her adorable face and her name will be apparent.

3 comments:

Cynthia Rae said...

Whatever you do, do NOT let your husband name your kid! Hehehehe, sorry Scott but I have to agree with Emma on this one. Well, you could always look towards Hollywood for inspiration, Apple, Moses, Suri, .... what was it that Nick Cage named his chid? It was related to Superman some how.

Cyn

Anonymous said...

I know whatever name you decide on Grandma will probably at first refer to the name I am used to all these months-Peanut

Cynthia Rae said...

Hey, Grandma found the blog! Yeah! Well Grandma, I think peanut will be a funny name when they have a 15 pound baby! hehehe (just kidding).